PORTABLE TEST AMP
6955 VALJEAN AVE, VAN NUYS, CA 91406
PH: (818)994-6498 / FAX: (818)994-6458
[email protected] / www.louroe.com
TECHNICAL DATA SHEET
INSTALLATION AND OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS
The Louroe Portable Test Amplifier (PTA-1) is a battery operated audio amplifier kit used to
conduct field quality checks of microphone connections during installation or for
When this equipment is used as part of an
audio monitoring system, the law requires
that the public be given notice of AUDIO
MONITORING ON THE PREMISES. A
decal notice is included with each
Test Amplifier with 3” speaker
Three 6’ lead wires with color coded alligator clips
Federal Law References:
Federal Regulations, US Code, Title 18.
Crime and Criminal Procedure, Sec 2510.
TEST PROCEDURE FOR MICROPHONES
All Louroe Microphones have a terminal block or terminal strip marked A, B, C.
is 12 Vdc (B+)
is ground (B-)
LOUROE ELECTRONICS warrants that at the time of shipment products manufactured by LOUROE ELECTRONICS to be free of defects in material and workmanship.
Should a defect appear within one year (12 months) from date of shipment, LOUROE ELECTRONICS will, at its sole discretion, repair or replace the defective equipment.
This equipment shall not be accepted for repair or return without prior notification by LOUROE ELECTRONICS.
This warranty does not extend to any Louroe product that has been subjected to improper or incorrect installation, misuse, accident, or in violation of installation
instructions provided by LOUROE ELECTRONICS.
Returned shipments to LOUROE ELECTRONICS shall be at customer’s expense. LOUROE ELECTRONICS will return the equipment prepaid via best way.
Pta 1 (pdf)n 8/05
Make wiring connections to microphone using 2 conductor shielded, 22 gauge (West Penn 452 or
A) If microphone is being connected directly to a Louroe Base Station, use the following procedure before
connecting microphone to base station. Run wiring the full length to the base station, but do not connect.
Use the following test procedure:
1) Connect RED alligator clip of PTA-1 to end of microphone wire A (12 Vdc)
2) Connect BLACK alligator clip of PTA-1 to end of microphone wire B (audio)
3) Connect BARE alligator clip of PTA-1 to end of microphone wire C (ground)
4) Turn on volume (monitor level) of PTA-1. Red LED should light.
5) Increase volume until audio pickup is heard. This assures proper connection at microphone
6) Disconnect alligator clips from wire and connect to appropriate audio input terminal block or
terminal strip located on rear panel of Louroe base station. (Refer to instructions to the specific
7) Audio (microphone pick-up) should now be heard from base station speaker. This assures that
the microphone is properly connected.
B) If microphone is being connected to an MLA-6 Mixer, make microphone connections to the appropriate
terminal block (marked MIC 1, MIC 2, etc.), matching “A” wire from microphone to terminal A of Mic 1, and
same procedure with wire “B” and “C”. After all microphone connections have been made to microphone
inputs of MLA-6, use the following test procedure:
1) Connect a short test wire 2-3 inches in length to terminals A and C of MIC OUT terminal block.
2) To test wire in terminal A, connect RED alligator clip of PTA-1 to end of test wire. Make sure
test wire is stripped at least ¼”.
3) To test wire in terminal C, connect BARE alligator clip of PTA-1 to end of test wire.
4) Connect BLACK alligator clip of PTA-1 to the appropriate test point of microphone (MIC 1) on
MLA-6 PC board marked TP-1. Increase volume until there is sound. This assures that
microphone connection to MLA-6 is correct.
5) Follow same procedure with all microphones connected to MLA-6, (MIC 2,TP-2, Etc.).
After all connections have been checked at MLA-6, run wire from MIC OUT terminal block to the Louroe
Base Station. Before completing connection to base station, again check connections by testing with the
Connect RED alligator clip to end of wire A coming from MLA-6
Connect BLACK alligator clip to end of wire B coming from MLA-6
Connect BARE alligator clip to end of wire C coming from MLA-6.
Turn on power to PTA-1 and increase volume knob until audio pickup from remote microphone is
heard through the PTA-1 speaker.
e) If audio sounds are produced from the PTA-1, audio system is properly wired.
f) Disconnect clips and make microphone connections to base station to complete system hook-up.
NOTE: Refer to actual base station instructions for hook-up
LOUROE ELECTRONICS, 6955 VALJEAN AVE., VAN NUYS, CA 91406 (818) 994-6498 FAX 994-6458
Email: [email protected]
pta instructions - page 2 of 2
Pta 1 (pdf)n 8/05