LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Com. DEGREE EXAMINATION – COMMERCE
SUPPLEMENTARY EXAMINATION – JUNE 2008
CO 5503 - MARKETING MANAGEMENT
Date : 26-06-08
Time : 9.00 – 12.00
Max. : 100 Marks
SECTION - A
Answer all of the following questions:
(10 x 2 = 20 marks)
1. Define marketing management.
2. Identify the conditions necessary for an exchange to take place.
3. What is meant by marketing concept?
4. Give an example of a product line.
5. Write a short note on Marketing-Mix.
6. What do you understand by target-return pricing?
7. How one can generate new ideas about the product?
8. What is concept testing?
9. Building Brand-equity is important. Do you agree?
10. Why it is necessary to retain customers?
SECTION - B
Answer any five of the following questions:
(5 x 8 = 40 marks)
11. How do the marketers develop a positioning strategy?
12. Differential between consumer markets and business markets.
13. Explain the various stages of new product development.
14. Discuss the stages involved in the Product lifecycle.
15. Identify any two tools used for differentiation.
16. Explain the criteria for effective market segmentation.
17. How can the communicator develop an effective message?
18. Why packaging is gaining more importance?
SECTION - C
Answer two of the following questions:
(2 x 20 = 40 marks)
19. Determine the factors that influence the pricing decision.
20. Discuss the factors to be considered while designing the distribution channel.
21. Discuss the steps in developing effective communication for marketing.