Date of Birth
Dr. Maruti Jayram Dhanavade.
12th June, 1986.
At/Post- Koyana vasahat Karad,
State-Maharashtra, India. 415110.
Homology Modeling and molecular docking: Protein structure prediction and
docking interactions by using software.
Molecular Biology: Protein Purification, Electrophoresis Techniques
Computer skills: Platforms: Windows, Other: MS Office Suite, Internet
September 2011, Shivaji University Kolhapur, Maharashtra, India, Research
Assistant at Department of Microbiology under DST-PURSE scheme.
U.G.- 2016 working as Contributory Teacher for School of Nano Science and
Technology, Shivaji University, Kolhapur.
P.G.- One year worked as Teaching Assistant in Department of Microbiology,
Shivaji University, Kolhapur (2016).
Two years worked as Contributory Teacher at PGDBIO, Department of
Biochemistry, Shivaji University, Kolhapur (2015-2016).
5. Research Guidance
• PG Programs: M.Sc. Microbiology and Biochemistry (PGDBIO)
PUBLICATIONS: International: (10)
1. Maruti J. Dhanavade, Rishikesh S. Parulekar, Subodh A. Kamble and Kailas D.
Sonawane. Molecular modeling approach to explore the role of cathepsin B from
Hordeum vulgare in the degradation of Aβ peptides. Molecular Biosystems,
DOI: 10.1039/c5mb00718f ,2015.
2. Maruti J. Dhanavade and Kailas D. Sonawane, “Insights into the molecular
interactions between aminopeptidase and amyloid beta peptide using molecular
modeling techniques. Amino Acids, (DOI 10.1007/s00726-014-1740-0), 2014
[Impact Factor: 3.914].
3. Dhanavade MJ, Jalkute CB, Barage SH, Sonawane KD (2013) Homology
modeling, molecular docking and MD simulation studies to investigate role of
cysteine protease from Xanthomonas campestris in amyloid beta degradation,
Computers in Biology and Medicine, 43, 2063-2070. [Impact Factor 1.162].
4. Maruti J. Dhanavade, Chidamber B. Jalkute, Kailas. D. Sonawane and Jai S. Ghosh
(2011) Study antimicrobial activity of lemon (Citrus lemon L) peel extract, British
Journal of Pharmacology and Toxicology 2(3): 119-122.
5. Jalkute CB, Barage SH, Dhanavade MJ, Sonawane KD (2013) Molecular
Dynamics Simulation and Molecular Docking Studies of Angiotensin Converting
Enzyme with Inhibitor Lisinopril and Amyloid Beta Peptide, The Protein
Journal, 32: 356-364. [Impact Factor 1.126].
6. Rishikesh S. Parulekar, Sagar H. Barage,Chidambar B. Jalkute, Maruti J.
Dhanavade and Kailas D. Sonawane (2013) Homology modeling, molecular
docking and DNA binding studies of nucleotide excision repair UvrC protein
from M. tuberculosis, The Protein Journal, 2013, 32, 467-476 [Impact Factor:
7. Barage SH, JalkuteCB, Dhanavade MJ, Sonawane KD (2013) Virtual screening
and molecular dynamics simulation study of hECE-1 protease inhibitors.
Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences 4(1):
8. Sagar H. Barage, Chidambar B. Jalkute, Maruti J. Dhanavade and Kailas D
Sonawane (2014) Simulated interactions between Endothelin converting enzyme
and A peptides: insights into subsite recognition and cleavage mechanism, Int. J
9. Jalkute CB, Barage SH, Dhanavade MJ, Sonawane KD (2014) Identification of
Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitor: An In Silico Perspective, Int. J of
Peptide Research and Therapeutics. [Impact Factor: 1.280]
1) Sonawane KD and Dhanavade MJ (2015) Molecular docking technique to
understand enzyme-ligand interactions, In “Methods and Algorithms for
Molecular Docking-Based Drug Design and Discovery” Chapter 10, 246-266
EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES /ACHEIVMENTS/EXPIRIENCE
Presented a paper international conference:
1. Maruti J Dhanavade, Sagar H Barage, Chidamber B Jalkute and Kailas D
Sonawane. Insight into the cleavage mechanism of amyloid beta peptide by
Cathepsin B like cysteine protease from Xanthomonas campestris: homology
modeling and molecular docking approach.
International symposium of
proteomics beyond ID’s and Foruth annual meeting of proteomics society of
India. Organized by National Chemical Laboratory, Pune 22th to 24th November
2. Maruti J. Dhanavade, Sagar H. Barage, Chidambar B. Jalkute and Kailas D.
Sonawane “Homology modeling study of Cathepsin B (CatB) from
Rhodopirellulabaltica” in International Conference on “Biotechnology for
Better Tomorrow”(BTBT 2011) at Department of Microbiology, Dr.
Osmanabad, Maharashtra, (INDIA). OMM-13, Page-78, Feb 6-9, 2011.
3. Maruti J Dhanavade, Sagar H Barage, Chidamber B Jalkute, and Kailas D
Sonawane “Molecular Docking and MD simulation study of aminopeptidase and
Aβ peptide” Symposium on “Accelerating Biology 2012: Computing to
decipher” organized by Bioinformatics group, Center for Development of
Advanced Computing PuneIndia 15-17th February 2012, Page-78.
4. Sagar H Barage, Chidamber B Jalkute, Maruti J Dhanavade and Kailas D
Sonawane “Molecular dynamic simulation of whole ECE-1 enzyme with lipid
bilayer” “Symposium on Accelerating Biology 2012: Computing to decipher”
organized by Bioinformatics group, Center for Development of Advanced
Computing PuneIndia 15-17th February 2012, Page-93.
5. Chidambar B. Jalkute, Sagar H. Barage, Maruti J. Dhanawade and Kailas D.
Sonawane “Virtual screening and molecular dynamics simulation study of ACE
inhibitors” P24, ‘Conference on Informatics & Integrative Biology (CIIB2011)’ organized by Bioinformatics centre, Bose institute, Kolkata, India. 14-16
1. Maruti J. Dhanavade, Sagar H. Barage, Chidamber B. Jalkute and Kailas D.
Sonawane “Homology Modeling, Molecular dynamic simulation and Molecular
Docking study of plant Cathepsin B for finding possible A peptide degrading
enzymes from plant” Presented in “Challenges and Opportunities in Life
Science” organized by Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and
Biotechnology Shivaji University, Kolhapur, India (M.S.) (2013) page no 76.
8. Research Project Work: Nil
9. Membership / Other Charge: Nil
10. Honors / Rewards: Nil
11. Fellowship / Post Doctoral: Nil