Dr.G.R.Damodaran College of Science
(Autonomous, affiliated to the Bharathiar University, recognized by the UGC)Reaccredited at the 'A' Grade Level by the NAAC and ISO 9001:2008 Certified
CRISL rated 'A' (TN) for MBA and MIB Programmes
III B.COM (CA) [2014-2017]
INTERNET AND WEB DESIGN – 603U1
Multiple Choice Questions.
1. ____________ is network of networks.
2. WWW stands for ______.
A. World Wide Weapon
B. World Wide Windows
C. World Wide Web
D. World Wide Writers
3. HTTP stands for______.
A. Hypertext Transfer Protocol
B. Hypertext Transmission Protocol
C. Hyper Text Transfer Program
D. Hyper text Traditional Protocol
4. The World Wide Web consists of all the Web sites and pages served on the Internet via ___________.
5. IP stands for ________.
A. Information Provider
B. Internet Provider
C. Internet Protocol
D. Information Protocol
6. An _______ is a company that provides Internet access to users or subscribers of its service.
B. Cyber net
C. Internet Provider
D. Internet Service Provider
7. The process of transferring files from a computer on the Internet to your computer is called.
8. What should be minimum requirement of random access memory (RAM) for internet access?
A. 1.8 MB
B. 2.16 MB
C. 3.32 MB
9. Verification of a login name and password is known as___________.
D. logging in
10. _________is the oldest and most popular form of communication between computers.
11. The internet supports a large system called the _____.
A. Private Network Access
B. World Wide Web
C. World Wide Access Point
D. Network Access Point
12. _______________ are set of rules and procedures for communicating.
13. Each computer connected to the internet must ______.
A. be an IBM PC
B. have an unique IP address
C. be internet compatible
D. have a modem connection
14. A homepage is __________.
A. an index of encyclopedia articles
B. where all Internet data is stored
C. required for access to the Internet
D. the first page of a website
15. Employee in an organization can use a part of the private intranet is called _____.
B. intranet private
16. ____is a document commonly written in Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML) that is accessible
through the Internet or other network using an internet browser.
B. Web page
C. Web Site
17. Internet Protocol is defined in_______.
A. RFC 790
B. RFC 791
C. RFC 792
D. RFC 793
18. A web page is located using a _____.
A. Universal Record Linking
B. Uniform Resource Locator
C. Universal Record Locator
D. Uniformly Reachable Links
19. A search engine is a program to search _____.
A. for information
B. web pages
C. web pages for specified index terms
D. web pages for information using specified search terms.
20. A webpage displays a picture. What tag was used to display that picture?
21. A piece of icon or image on a web page associated with another webpage is called____________.
22. _________ is a computer program running to serve the requests of other programs.
23. A web cookie is a small piece of data __________.
A. sent from a website and stored in users web browser while a user is browsing a website
B. sent from user and stored in the server while a user is browsing a website
C. sent from root server to all servers
D. none of the mentioned
24. ________ programs are automatically loaded and operates as a part of browser.
25. A website's _____ structure is more important to a user then its physical structure.
26. A site that links every page to every other page could be considered to exhibit a structured called a
A. mixed form
B. mixed hierarchy
C. full mesh
D. pure tree
27. W3C is known as _______.
A. World Wide Web Consortium
B. World Wide Web Consul
C. World Wide Web Code
D. World Wide Web Command
28. _______ normally operates within the browser window.
29. ______ is an FTP search tool for the internet
C. Alta Vista
30. _______ is the Gopher's search tool.
31. _________________is to protect data and passwords.
32. The _____ attempts to bring a three dimensional system.
33. A _______ is a network in which the computers are connected directly, usually by some type of cable.
34. LAN stands for _____.
A. Line Access Network
B. Local Area Network
C. Limited Area Network
D. Logical Access Network
35. WAN stands for ______.
A. Word Access Net point
B. Wide Access Network
C. Wide Area Network
D. World Area Network
36. A ______________is an extension of an enterprise's private intranet across a public Network such as
the Internet across a public Network such as the Internet, creating a secure private connection.
37. What is the domain used for non-profitable organizations?
38. A ______ include the protocol the browser uses to access the file, server or domain name , the relative
path and the file name.
A. complete URL
B. incomplete URL
C. site URL
D. web URL
39. ______ is a device to provide a link from one network to another
40. GUI stands for _______.
A. General User Interface
B. Graphic User Interchange
C. Graphical User Interface
D. Graphical User Information
41. Voice over IP (Voice over Internet Protocol or "VoIP") technology converts voice calls
A. analog to digital
B. digital to analog
C. it depends
D. wave to analog
42. Within the internet, each separate computer is called a ________.
43. Open standards refers to______________.
A. standards not owned by any company
B. standards used by all countries
C. standards that are free to all parties
D. software programs running on different types of operating systems
44. What is the size of an IP address?
A. 64 bit
B. 128 bit
C. 16 bit
D. 32 bit
45. ______ is the common name for collection of more than 100 protocols used to connect computers and
A. Remote Access
B. Wi-Fi / Bluetooth
46. HTML stands for _______.
A. Hypertext Markup Language
B. Hyper Text Modeling Language
C. Hypertext Model Language
D. Hyper Text Multiple Language
47. TCP stands for ______.
A. Transport Condition Procedure
B. Transmission Control Protocol
C. Transfer Control Protocol
D. Tele Communication Protocol
48. All HTML tags are enclosed in what ?
B. <?php and ?>
C. # and #
D. <!-- and -->
49. ________ is a collection of web pages.
D. Web site
50. What is the correct HTML tag for inserting a line break?
51. IP addresses are converted to ______.
A. a binary string
B. alphanumeric string
C. a hierarchy of domain names
D. a hexadecimal string
52. What is the correct HTML for inserting a background image?
A. <img src="background.gif" background />
B. <body background="background.gif">
C. <background img="background.gif">
D. <a src="background.gif" background /
53. IP is a ______ and unreliable protocol
D. full duplex
54. The three types of IP addresses are ______.
A. Network Address, Host Address, Local Address
B. Network Address, Host Address, Broad cast Address
C. Network Address, Host Address, Packet Address
D. Network Address, Host Address, Frame Address
55. FTP stands for _____.
A. File Transfer Protocol
B. File Text Process
C. Format Text Process
D. Format Transfer Protocol
56. FTP maintains _____ simultaneous connections.
57. _______ transfer of mail between two machines.
58. Outlook Express is a _________.
A. E-Mail Client.
D. None of the above.
59. Cell phones and personal digital assistants utilizing ______ and _______ communications technology
make communication and the pursuit of business more effective.
A. Blutooth, Wi-Fi
B. LAN, MAN
C. Wireless, E-Commerce
D. Oral, Voice
60. __________ is used by many higher level protocols, principally TCP and UDP.
C. Internet Protocol
D. Network Protocol
61. Web pages specifically for the _______.
A. TV screen
B. mobile screen
C. computer screen
D. ATM screen
62. Which of the following is valid IP address?
63. ________ are the blank areas of a page.
A. Line spaces
B. White spaces
C. Character spaces
D. Group spaces
64. A browser is used to view _______.
A. program code
B. story board
D. web based pages and documents
65. Commonly used three Web-based image file formats are ______.
A. GIF, JPG, PNG
B. GIF,JPG, JPEG
C. GIF, MP#, MP4
D. GIF, MP3, PNG
66. JPG supports ______ bit colors.
67. GIF stands for ______.
A. Graphics Image Format
B. Graphics Interchange Format
C. Graphics Information Format
D. Graphics Integer Format
68. JPG sometimes called ________.
69. The computer monitor displays color by mixing the ________ color light.
A. red, green, blue
B. white, black, blue
C. white, black, red
D. white, black, green
70. JPG supports a palette of not more than ______ colors.
71. Color depth of three channel is ______.
72. The default color of unvisited link is _____.
73. Hexadecimal color values are _______ digit numbers.
74. DNS is a ______ system.
C. Client / Server
75. A ________ services many clients and regulates their access to resources.
76. Socket is a _______.
A. Port Number + IP Address
B. Port Number + Frame Number
C. Port Number + Segment Number
D. Port Number + Message Number
77. The MAC address is a _______ address.
78. "Yahoo", "Infoseek" and "Lycos" are _________?
A. Search Engines.
C. News groups.
D. None of the above.
79. The process of converting from a digital format to an analog format is called ______.
A. file conversion
80. The process of converting analog data back to its digital form is called _______.
81. _______ is the master control program that runs the computer.
A. Operating System
B. Application Software
C. Programmable Software
D. Windows System
82. Modem speeds are measured in ______.
B. bits per second
C. rate per second
83. _______ is a type of telephone service is an alternative to a regular phone line.
84. A single ISDN line provides a number of _______ each of which offers a specific amount of
85. Most of the information you will access through the internet is stored on computers called _______.
D. personal computer
86. ISP stands for _______.
A. International Standard Publications
B. Internet Service Protocol
C. International Standard Protocol
D. Internet Service Provider
87. _______ is an organization or business offering public access to the internet.
A. Internet Service Provider
C. Integrated Service Promoter
D. Communication Network
88. DNS stands for _____.
A. Dedicated Number System
B. Designed Network System
C. Domain Name System
D. Data Network System
89. ATM stands for _____.
A. All Time Money
B. All Time Mode
C. Asynchronous Transfer Mode
D. Asynchronous Transfer Money
90. What is the correct HTML for making a text area?
A. <input type="textarea" />
B. <input type="textbox" />
91. HTML uses _____
A. pre-specified tags
B. user defined tags
C. tags only for linking
D. fixed tags defined by the language
92. HTML tags are _____
A. case sensitive
B. not case sensitive
C. does not allow symbols
D. only made up of symbols
93. HTML tags define _____.
A. The data types of elements of document
B. Presentation of specified elements of a document
C. The contents of the document
D. The structure of the document
94. In HTML the visited like is usually ______ in color
A. red or purple
B. red or blue
C. blue or green
D. black or white
95. The default text size in HTML is ______
96. HTML uses _______ numbers to express RGB color values.
D. Gray Code
97. The HTML frame elements let you partition the canvas area of the browser into multiple windows are
98. The basic unit of information displayed over the net is a ______.
A. web page
B. home page
C. work area
D. next page
99. A _______ is a collection of such web pages.
C. web page
D. net page
100. A collection of related web pages is known as a web site and is recognized by _______.
101. ______ page is the first page and provides labeled links to the other web pages.
103. ______ are used to visually displays hotspots to navigate to different pages.
A. Image maps
B. Hyper pages
C. Different slides
D. Animated pages
104. _______ is for the user to jump to particular page at the bottom of the page
A. Table of content
B. Table design
105. The <H>:</H> headline font size range is ______.
A. 1 to 7
B. to 12
C. to 24
D. to 50
106. The tag used in HTML to link it with other URL's is _______.
107. The _______ is a conceptual layout device that organizes the page into columns and rows.
108. A table is divided into rows with the ______ tag.
109. Each row is divided into data cells with the _____ tag.
110. A ______ tag can contain text, links, images, lists, forms, other table, etc.
111. Header information in a table are defined with the ______ tag.
112. The ______ tag groups the body content in a table.
113. The _____ tag groups the header content in a table.
114. A _______ can contain input elements like text fields, checkboxes, radio buttons, submit buttons and
115. The _____ tag defines the relationship between a document and an external resource.
116. The ______ tag is most used to link to style sheets.
117. The ______ element holds two or more frame elements.
118. The _____ tag creates a holding space for the referenced image.
119. The <img> tag has two required attributes, _____ and _____.
A. a and src
B. href and a
C. src and alt
D. href and alt
120. Frames are created via the _____ tags in an HTML document.
121. The _______ tag provides a way to create numbered or alphanumeric lists rather than bullets.
122. Scripting languages such as ______ provide a greater level of control over audio playback.
A. Lingo and Action Script
D. DHTML and XML
D. does not change
125. _______ represents the fixed values
127. ________ are formed when literals and variables linked by operators.
128. A _______ is a group of java script statements that performs a specified task.
A. Control statements
B. looping statements
D. conditional statements
129. __________is a very powerful client-side scripting language
B. VB Script
D. object based
A. Precede it with two forward slashes, i.e. '//'
B. Precede it with an asterisk and a forward slash, i.e. '*/'
C. Precede it with an asterisk, i.e. '*'
D. Precede it with a forward slash and an asterisk, i.e '/*'
133. The four basic data types are ______.
A. strings, numbers, BooBoos and nulls
B. strings, text, Boolean, and nulls
C. strings, numbers, Boolean and nulls
D. strings, numbers, Boolean, and zeros
134. Scripting language are ______.
A. High level Programming language
B. Assembly level programming language
C. Machine level programming language
D. Low level programming language
A. The </script>
B. The <script>
C. The END statement
D. None of the above
A. Return a value
B. Accept parameters and Return a value
C. Accept parameters
D. None of the above
D. None of the above
A. System.out.println("Hello World")
B. println("Hello World")
C. document.write("Hello World")
D. response.write("Hello World")
A. Semicolon, colon
B. Semicolon, ampersand
C. Ampersand, colon
D. Ampersand, semicolon
141. Choose the correct HTML code to create an email link?
A. <A HREF = "[email protected]"></A>
B. <A HREF = "admin:[email protected]"></A>
C. <MAIL>[email protected] </MAIL>
D. MAILHREF = "[email protected]">
D. None of the above
144. Using ______ statement is how you test for a specific condition
145. Which tag is used to display preformatted texts in HTML?
A. <pre> .. </pre>
B. <prefor> .. </prefor>
C. <pre text> .. </pre text>
D. <pre format> .. </pre format>
146. Which of the following is correct to align H1 tag to Right Alignment?
A. <h1 align = "right"> .. </h1>
B. <h1 alignment = "right"> .. </h1>
C. <h1 tag align="right"> .. </h1>
D. H1 cannot make Right Alignment
147. Which of the following is correct to change font face in Web page?
A. <font="font name"> .. </font>
B. <font name="font name"> .. </font>
C. <font face="font name"> .. </font>
D. Font face cannot change
148. <b> tag makes the enclosed text bold. What is other tag to make text bold?
Gopu G .