Use with Chapter 6, Section 6.3
1. Explain why carbon atoms are important in organic molecules. Include information
about the kinds of bonds carbon can form.
2. What is the basic definition of a carbohydrate?
3. What is the difference between a monosaccharide, a disaccharide, and a polysaccharide?
4. How do the following carbohydrates function in living things?
Copyright © Glencoe/McGraw-Hill, a division of The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
5. What are lipids, and how are they important to living things?
6. Define the following terms:
b. amino acid
c. peptide bond
7. What is the role of proteins in living things?
8. Describe the structure of nucleotides and explain how they are important to
CHAPTER 6 The Chemistry of Life