6TH GRADE WEBQUEST: ROCK CYCLE
due date __________________
Click on my website link to “Rock Cycle Interactive”
YOU MUST COMPLETE THE ENTIRE ROCK CYCLE INTERACTIVE. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS:
Begin on the page that is titled “Interactive Rock Cycle”
1. Click on link that says “Types of Rocks” – READ THE INFORMATION BEFORE MOVING FORWARD
Next: Start your rock collection (link at bottom). Do the activity and list the types of rocks in your collection in the box:
2. Click on “Identify Rock Types” and complete the quiz. Record your score _______________________
3. Click on “Move on to the next chapter”. How Rocks Change. Click on Start to watch the “Heat and Pressure”
animation. What type of rock was formed in this animation? ____________________________________
4. Click on “Next” at the bottom of the screen. Read about “How Rocks Change”. Based on the reading what is the
meaning of the following words:
Extrusive igneous rock - __________________________________________________________________
Intrusive igneous rock - __________________________________________________________________
5. Watch the animations on melting and cooling. Describe what you saw in one of the animations:
6. C lick on “Next”. Watch the animations on “weathering & erosion” and “compacting & cementing”.
Based on the animations, fill in the blanks:
Rocks are __________________ and washed away by __________________ and __________________.
Accumulated ______________________ is _____________________ together to form
7. Click on “Transform the Rock” record your score _____________________________
8. Click on “Move on to the next chapter”. The Rock Cycle Diagram. Roll your mouse over the diagram to answer the
a. What 3 types of igneous rocks are listed? ____________________________________________________________
b. Describe the animation you see when you click on “Weathering and Erosion” icon?
9. Click on “Complete the Cycle” Do the activity. Record your score ______________________________.
10. Click on “Move on to the final chapter” Test Your Skills. Enter your name and follow the directions.
11. PRINT YOUR TEST AND TURN IN WITH THIS PACKET – NOTE THAT THE TEST MIGHT OPEN IN ANOTHER
12. Check here if you completed and printed the test _____________