FOR YOUR PERMANENT FILE
WRENCH MODEL NUMBER:
WRENCH SERIAL NUMBER:
For Warranty Claims, Contact CDI Torque Products
at (626) 965-0668.
The CDI Dial Torque Wrench Single Scale is backed
by a one year warranty. This warranty covers
manufacturer defects and workmanship. The
warranty excludes misuse, abuse and normal
wear and tear. Exclusion is not allowed in some
states and may not apply. This warranty gives
you specific legal rights, and you may have other
rights, which vary from state to state.
IMPORTANT ENVIRONMENTAL NOTES:
1. This equipment may contain hazardous materials which can be
harmful to the environment.
2. Do not dispose of this equipment as municipal waste. Return it
to the distributor or a designated collection center.
Thank you for caring about our environment!
19220 SAN JOSE AVENUE • CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA 91748 • USA
Find other fine torque products at WWW.CDITORQUE.COM
6/2010 Rev. A
US and Foreign Patents Pending - Made in USA with US and Global Components
dial TORQUE WRENCH
Read operation manual completely
before using torque instrument and
store for future reference.
Wear safety goggles-both user and
• An out of calibration torque wrench
can cause part or tool breakage
• Periodic re-calibration is necessary to
• Do not exceed rated torque as
overtorquing can cause wrench or part
• Do not use torque instrument to break
• Do not use cheater extension on the
handle to apply torque
• Broken or slipping tools can cause
CAUTION - RATCHET HEAD
Ratchet mechanism may slip or break
if dirty, mismatched or worn parts are
used, or direction lever is not fully
engaged. Ratchets that slip or break
can cause injury.
MAINTENANCE / SERVICE
1. The torque wrench’s internal mechanism is
permanently lubricated during assembly. Do not
attempt to lubricate the internal mechanism.
2. Clean torque wrench by wiping. Do not immerse.
3. Store torque wrench in protective tube at its lowest
torque setting. Do not force handle below lowest
on single scale model
FOLLOWER NEEDLE DIAL
Before using all models of dial torque wrenches, it is
strongly suggested to cycle/operate them 3 times at
full scale in the torque direction in which they will be
used. Dial torque wrenches must always be zeroed
before use. To set orange pusher & blue follower
needle for right-hand (CW) torquing:
1. Turn bezel in left-hand (CCW) direction until, blue
memory follower needle contacts orange pusher
2. Continue to turn bezel left-hand (CCW) until blue
memory follower needle is lined up with zero (0) of
outer graduation on portion of dial for IN.LB., FT.LB.,
3. Apply force on the wrench handle until blue follower
needle reaches desired torque. When force is released
orange pusher needle will return to zero and blue
memory follower needle will remain at torque applied.
4. For repetitive torque operations (once the zero
has been set as instructed above), the blue memory
follower needle can be returned to zero by use of the
follower needle knob. It is ready for the next operation.
5. IMPORTANT - When using the memory feature
always make sure that the blue follower memory
needle is on zero before torquing.
on single scale model
ELECTRIC SIGNAL DIAL
1. Turn bezel (CCW) until light and buzzer goes on.
2. Continue to turn bezel (CCW) until inner zero of
desired scale (English or Metric) is lined up with
orange pusher needle.
3. Now turn bezel (CW) until light goes off and
orange pusher needle is aligned with desired torque
graduation in inner portion of scale orange pusher
needle is now preset to desired torque value.
4. Apply force to handle in the (CW) direction. When
the preset torque value is reached the light and
buzzer will go on. When force on the handle is
released orange pusher needle will return to the
preset torque value.
5. To change the preset torque value to another,
turn the bezel as required to the new torque value
within the same dial graduation and proceed as in
step 4 above.
6. For CCW torque reverse directions in steps 1
7. IMPORTANT - Always make sure that the electric
contact arm is zeroed.
This torque wrench as calibrated at the factory, is
certified to meet the current ASME specification.
Additionally, all wrenches are calibrated on a torque
standard traceable to the National Institute of
Standards and Technology (N.I.S.T.).
use of extensions
When using an extension or adapter (increasing the
effective length of the torque wrench) the output
torque value will change. To calculate the new torque
output of the wrench use the following formula:
T o Convert
mkg ft. lb.
TA x L
TA = Torque exerted @ end of adapter
L = Distance between square drive and hand position
TW = Wrench scale reading
A = Length of adapter or extension
A number of variables can affect torque accuracy.
These include the length of an adapter or extension,
length of the wrench and variations in hand position
on the wrench will affect the accuracy of the above