COMBINED ROTARY OF PENSACOLA
UNIVERSITY OF WEST FLORIDA COLLEGE OF BUSINESS
11000 University Parkway
Pensacola, FL 32514
January 28, 2016
The Combined Rotary Clubs of Pensacola believe there are exemplary persons in our community who
exhibit outstanding ethical practices. We need your help in identifying those persons who should be
given community-wide recognition. That is why the Combined Rotary Clubs of Pensacola, along with the
University Of West Florida College Of Business, established an Ethics in Business Award. This year’s
award is the fourteenth annual award and will be presented at noon on May 2, 2015, at New World
Landing. Two awards will be given, one for an individual from an organization with 50 or more
employees and one from an organization with 49 or fewer employees.
Enclosed is a copy of the 2016 Nomination Form of the Combined Rotary of Pensacola Ethics in Business
Award. The Combined Rotary of Pensacola and the College of Business at the University of West Florida
are promoting this project because:
1) Community well-being is enhanced by businesses that do well by doing good. Recognizing individuals
and institutions encourages those who are doing the right thing in an environment that often disparages
2) A cooperative venture of this kind builds positive exchanges within the business community and
uncovers innovative practices and unsung heroes.
3) The program invites scrutiny, heightening ethical awareness of ones’ own practice.
On the nomination form you’ll find the evaluation criteria. We ask that you attach a one-page
description of the nominee’s ethical activities, addressing criterion #1 and one or more additional
criteria for the award.
Nominations must be received by April 1, 2016. Please send the completed application to Ed Ranelli,
Dean Emeritus, College of Business, University of West Florida, 11000 University Parkway, Pensacola, FL
32514 (or fax to 850-474-2716).
If you have any questions concerning this, please feel free to call Dr. Ed Ranelli at 850-474-2348 or Ted
Kirchharr at 850-266-6192.
Ted A. Kirchharr
2016 NOMINATION FORM
COMBINED ROTARY OF PENSACOLA ETHICS IN BUSINESS AWARD
1. Adheres to the high ethical standards of honesty, integrity, and consistency in dealing with
employees, contractors, and customers, while positively enhancing the economic well-being
of the firm’s stakeholders providing jobs, opportunity, and profits.*
ADDITIONAL CRITERIA (2-4):
2. Participates in activities beneficial to the community beyond the provision of economic
benefits as an ongoing enterprise.
3. Serves as a leader or innovator in the firm’s business sector, enhancing the economic
strength of the enterprise.
4. Adheres to fair and truthful principles of business practice reflected in the Rotary 4-Way
*Attach a one page description of the nominee’s actions addressing criterion #1 and any of the
remaining criteria (2, 3, and 4).
ROTARY FOUR WAY TEST
1) Is it the TRUTH?
2) Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3) Will It build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIP?
4) Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
2016 Ethics in Business Nomination Form
AWARD NOMINEE: _________________________________________________________________
NOMINEE STREET ADDRESS/CITY/ZIP:
DAYTIME TELEPHONE NUMER OF NOMINEE: _______________________________________
CATEGORY: 50 OR MORE EMPLOYEES _____ 49 OR FEWER EMPLOYEES _____
CONTACT PERSON FOR NOMINEE: _________________________________________________
DAYTIME TELEPHONE NUMBER OF CONTACT PERSON: _____________________________
NOMINATED BY: ___________________________________________________________________
NOMINATOR STREET ADDRESS/CITY/ZIP:
DAYTIME TELEPHONE NUMBER OF NOMINATOR: __________________________________
To assist the selection committee with evaluating the nominee, please provide the following
1. How does this nominee demonstrate honesty and integrity when dealing with employees, customers
2. What activities has the nominee participated in that have been beneficial to the community?
3. How has the nominee been a leader or innovator in his/her field?
4. Please provide any additional examples of the nominee’s adherence to the Rotary 4-Way Test.